May 2015 :
I’m hooked on decoupage! Printing out my graphic designs and showcasing them on real world objects adds a new dimension (literally!)
I found a very sad looking broken clock in a charity shop, and immediately spotted it’s potential. So I stripped the old varnish, cleaned it up and repaired the battery clock and the drawer. Then I used IllustratorG ‘s kit (again) to design panels which I printed out and decoupaged onto the surfaces. I designed and printed a new dial for the clock face and fitted it with new hands.
Some finishing touches using self-adhesive decal borders, a new drawer handle, and a final couple of coats of matte varnish created the “Steampunk Clock”.